Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cory Catfish Babies

My 10 gallon betta + cory tank has recently been giving me some worry because 2 of my cory catfish died last month and I was afraid it might be due to poor water quality?! But I tested my water and it was fine....But yesterday I discovered some cause for celebration - my cory catfish mated and hatched some babies! Sadly, I only caught sight of one or two because I think I accidentally destroyed the rest of the eggs. I'd removed them thinking they were snail eggs...but turns out they were cory eggs!! Oh well, I know better now. The betta must've eaten the rest of the babies....I was uber excited to find cory fry. They look like livebearer fry but with slightly grey bands/markings.

I've also recently made several additions to my 29 gallon tank, which is now a tad overstocked.

I added:

5 female guppies (2 with flaming orange/yellow tails, 1 with a turquoise tail, 2 reg. yellow ones)
2 Kuhli loaches (4cm each)
1 Butterfly Hillstream Loach

2 of the female guppies are already pregnant, the 3 other ones are still juveniles. The Kuhli loaches are amazing and adorable...but they are so shy they just burrow and hide so I rarely see them. They are small still and have beautiful markings. The butterfly loach (which looks like a tiny pleco) is also really shy but adorable. Apparently he's a coolwater fish though so I may have to make new arrangements for him......Sad news is I think my guppies all have gill flukes because they have inflamed gills and gasp for breath all the time...I may need to buy Maracyn-2 really soon.

Here is my final stocking for the 29 gallon tank. I don't think I can add any more fish...but I may startup a 40 gallon tank soon...

6 fancy male guppies
5 fancy female guppies
2 Platy fish (being bullied so I will rehome them soon)
3 Ghost Shrimp
1 Amano Shrimp (LARGE)
2 Kuhli Loaches
1 Butterfly Hillstream Loach
2 Honey Golden Dwarf Gouramis
some Trumpet Snails


Yup.

1 comment:

  1. Hello very nice site!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your
    web site and take the feeds also? I'm satisfied to
    search out numerous useful information right here within the put up, we need develop extra techniques in this regard, thanks
    for sharing. . . . . .

    Feel free to surf to my site; Eugene Party Bus

    ReplyDelete