Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Update on my "Disaster" .....((600 views!!))

Luckily I managed to give the huge pleco away to a man with a 100 gallon fish tank. Awesome! I sincerely hope the big guy does well in his huge new home. Hopefully someone will adopt the other fish soon...I've currently been cramming the 5 inch gourami and 6 inch shark in a tiny 10 gallon hospital tank...it's terrible I know but it's the only tank I can find with a suitable heater!!

Another one of my catfish died last night. He was half-dead when I pulled him out...and I had to euthanize him by pouring him into a little cup and drowning him in bleach. I heard that's the fastest way to kill a sick fish that's just not going to make it....Thankfully he did not suffer and died instantly (within 2 seconds, literally!). I buried him along with the other dead catfish. I thought he was responding to medication but apparently he wasnt....*sigh* Worst part is I didn't even know what was wrong with him....I suspect it was internal parasites though.

My 2 honey gouramis are PAINFULLY SHY and will not approach my fingers when I'm feeding everyone. As a result, they hardly eat, if at all because the guppies and platy just steal the food! Even the shrimp are better eaters than them! I'm very worried for their health but no matter how hard I try, it darts away when I stick my hands in the water! I even tried enticing them with worms, but they did not eat from my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment