Saturday, April 9, 2011

Japonic Shrimp


Call me crazy but there's somethin' about a Japonic shrimp that makes it look well...Asian. I bought just one of them to eat the small patches of soft green algae growing on my plants - can't really scrub 'em off. These little critters cost ~$3.20 a pop! Luckily I bought a really big one that's about 1.5 inches long. It's very handsome.

***Quick Facts ***

- aka Amano Shrimp or Yamato Shrimp (found in Japan)
- Will eat frozen food, flakes, bits n' pieces, algae etc.
- Very hardy, tolerant of a variety of water conditions.
- Good for small aquariums
- Peaceful creatures


After only 10 minutes of swimming around the tank, my new Japonic shrimp has enthusiastically eaten a ton of algae! His body went from clear to BROWN, and I can see all the algae chugging in there...He's adorable! So much cuter than my Ghost Shrimp, which look weak and flimsy. This guy, I think he was like the boss of the fish store tank.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment