Friday, March 25, 2011

Still No Comments...?

I've steadily been getting more and more page views...last month, I had 72 views. Thanks guys! Still no comments though...let me know what you think! Comments, experiences, advice, anything really.

So a quick update...

I recently purchased two adorable baby panda corydora catfish and 5 more ghost shrimp. 2 of the "jumbo" ghost shrimp have eggs! Did you know that they carry their eggs using their swimmerets and that the eggs are actually OUTSIDE their body? Must be tiring work! I doubt I'll see any of the baby ghost shrimp because they will undoubtedly get eaten.

I bought 2 more panda cories thinking that with a total of 6 corydoras they'd school together and play more often. Sadly, they're still fairly individualistic and keeping to themselves. Maybe I should give them a little more time to get to know each other?

I was really excited to get the Top Fin 55 tank but it's been sitting there, empty this whole time! I guess I just didn't have the time to really set it up. I'm thinking of possibly transferring the inhabitants of the 29 gallon tank into the 55, but that could take quite a lot of work. Another concern of mine is that the large wood dresser table might not be an adequate stand for the 55 g tank....

I also read recently that you should test for leaks first before setting up such a large tank. Apparently you should fill it up a quarter of the way with water, leave it for a day, and then fill up another quarter etc etc. until you've waited 4-7 days and confirmed that the tank is leakproof. Since I bought my brand new tank second-hand (sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it) I can't return it for an exchange or anything...I'm wondering if I should just sell it?


That's it for now. Hopefully I will have more exciting news soon.


By the way, my PLATY gave birth!! I could only find one teeny little fry though. I'm assuming the other fish ate the rest of the babies. Oh well. She already looks like she's getting pregnant again. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog...I had to say thank you. I won 2 goldfish at a carnival a couple months ago. I didn't have the heart to keep em in a tiny bowl so I bought em a 10 gal starter tank. I'm hooked. What a wonderful and rewarding hobby. Thank you for the blog. It's giving me such fantastic tips and I'm learning so much from you! Sincerely yours, Shelly Gold Chicago Il. U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete