Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Bought a Pearl Gourami!

It's always been a dream of mine to raise an elegant and gorgeous looking Pearl Gourami. Today, I decided to go for it. I purchased a juvenile Pearl Gourami at my local fish store for only $4.

She's only 2 inches long. You can tell it's a girl because her dorsal fin is small and rounded. Everyone is welcoming her as I write. She is getting along perfectly with my Fire Honey Gourami, and so far, no one's bothered her. In the near future I may decide to get a male Pearl Gourami and see if they mate! They'd be King and Queen of the 29G.

I'd like to buy some floating plants for my gouramis, as they are mainly top-level swimmers, but I can't think of any that would be low-maintenance. I'm leaning towards some floating cabomba, but I haven't decided yet.

This is my new complete stocking goal for my 29 G:

7 Male Fancy Guppies (2 Flamingo, 2 Blonde Tuxedo, 1 Yellow, 2 Turquoise/Midnight)
2 Mickey Mouse Platy (mating pair)
2 Pearl Gourami (mating pair)
1 Fire Honey Gourami
6 Spotted Cory Catfish
2 Ghost Shrimp

No comments:

Post a Comment