Friday, May 27, 2011

Eck!

My 29 gallon tank has been completely infested by a single sick guppy I introduced last week. As a result, that guppy died and infected 3 of my other guppies (so far). I believe it's fungus rot of some sort. Eck. Dealing with sick fish all day is a major downer. I am treating a hospital tank with fungus cure right now. Hopefully I won't have to use this green stuff in my 29 gallon tank.

edit--

Now ALL my guppies have been affected. I've opted to use 3x the regular dose of aquarium salt instead to treat this undiagnosed disease. I heard that randomly giving all sorts of harsh medicines will just make the fish weaker.

On a brighter note, my 55 gallon tank is now setup and everything is looking good. I've added tons of plants - I think I want this tank to be my planted masterpiece. So far I have: Amazon sword plants, giant anubias, jungle vals, water wisteria, water sprite, bacopa, ludwigia repens and Java moss & Java fern. It's looking absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I'll post pictures once I find my darn camera...

My DIY CO2 supplement is NOT WORKING for some reason and all the sugar I used for the setup is attracting tons of ants into my house. Not cool.

edit--

I used newly bought yeast and now co2 bubbles are being produced. The bubble ladder is not flowing smoothly though...hmm.

My betta is recovering from fin rot...So far he's doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment