Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fire Honey Gourami

This morning I went and bought a Fire Honey Gourami. He happened to be on sale! (Original price: $6.99. Sale price: $2.47.)

He's still a bit shy and adjusting to the tank and his new tank mates. I rescued him from a severely overcrowded tank. The tank at the fish store was about 5 or 6 gallons big and housed over 15 GOURAMIS!! I was a bit infuriated by the severely overcrowded conditions, but didn't say anything because I doubt the employees could do much about it. A lot of the other tanks were way too crowded too, including the one with about 30 Black Skirt Tetras in a 5 gallon tank....*sigh*

The Fire Honey Gourami is almost adult size, approx 2 inches, and is pretty timid. He is not aggressive at all with his tank mates. I want to buy him a Gourami friend but I'm afraid they'll fight. Unlikely, but you never know...

...Truth be told, I've been neglecting the upkeep of my 10 gallon tank a little bit because I've been so absorbed with building up my 29G. My betta "seems" lonely, but I know he probably relishes the idea of having the entire 10G to himself. ;)


I've heard that some Gouramis love to nibble on plants. Hopefully my new pet won't destroy my carefully planted aquarium! He seems innocent enough haha. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment