Sunday, June 5, 2011

Life Sucks

All my guppies are dead now. In fact, all the fish in the 29 gallon tank are dead. Medicine, heat, salt and melafix did not work. I'm at a loss for words.

What's worse, I only now realize that the cory catfish and my betta in the 10 gallon are infected with Velvet disease. Their bodies/scales are coated with the very indicative "gold dust" and they've become lethargic. I will pick up medicine soon. Thing is, the catfish can't tolerate the copper based medicines...I suspect all my other catfish died from velvet too...Argh, this is so frustrating. I'm no fish doctor...diagnosing diseases = almost impossible.

Now I fear that I've spread the disease to my newly set up 55 gallon tank. It's hard to tell. I added 6 neon tetras last night, but only noticed 5 this morning. Until I looked in the bucket I'd used to transfer them...the lone neon had accidentally fallen out of the net and survived in about 1/2 cup of ice cold, chlorinated water! What a survivor!

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank you for taking the time to share your fishkeeping experience with us. It is now 2013 and you haven't posted in few years so the thanks seems a bit late but I didn't notice anyone else showing any appreciation. I just want you to know that your efforts have not been in vain.

    ReplyDelete